Review and Insight for AA Big Book
The term AA stands for Alcoholics Anonymous and the AA Big Book is a way to fight and feel some support by your side. The AA Big Book is a path which guides you on how to get out from the barriers of alcohol and be free from it. Alcohol destroys more people’s lives then we can imagine. If you are one of those who were taken by the alcohol and wants to get your old life back, fix everything that can be fixed and live free from its load. Then the AA Big Book is surely going to help you.
What is the AA Big Book:
AA Big Book is a special book which is designed for those who want to get their lives back from the grasp of alcohol. You may not have realised in the beginning that the alcohol is not the one who you may want on your life throughout life but it is not too late to change the way you see and pursue life. The book guides you from the stories and tells you the techniques that you can use to help yourself. It is not easy to control your addiction and that’s where AA Big Book comes to light and helps you make steady progress through the process of recovery.
Before you start with the AA Big Book, there are some things that you want to make clear to yourself. That you won’t give up and try to fight it because only you will make a difference. For all those people whom you have loved but wronged due to this addiction. Once you have made these things clear it will become easy for you to go with the AA Big Book.
The 12 Steps for life from AA Big Book:
The AA Big Book guides you through and tells you how you can change your life. You can do most of these steps on your own but if you need someone’s help, don’t hesitate to ask. There are various AA societies that can help you. The 12 steps are:
- Before solving any problem, you need to realise it is a problem. Admit that you are powerless in front of alcohol.
- You can’t help yourself, so you need to believe that there is a higher power that can help you.
- Nothing can be done without a strong mind, make a decision that you will change your life.
- Create a fearless and moral inventory for yourselves.
- Admit to God and people that you have wronged over time.
- You can’t remove all the defects on your own. Ask God to help you remove these defects from your character.
- Humbly ask God to remove your shortcomings from life.
- Make a list of all the people that you have wronged and attempt to make amends.
- Make direct amends if possible until it harms someone.
- Create a personal inventory and admit when we wronged promptly.
- Start meditation and prayers to strengthen the bond with God.
- Always help others who are down the same road and guide them through their struggles.
AA Big Book will definitely have a positive effect on you if you stick through the process as it is not going to be easy. These 12 steps from the AA Big Book will help you and guide you through the path of losing all the addictions. It will improve the quality of your life. Use it as a guide and help others who are down the same road.