5 Useful Tips for Buying a Gold Necklace Set or Chain
Gold is the most precious metal that is loved by everyone. People understand its importance and prefer to invest in it mostly in the form of jewelry. Also, if you want to gift someone special something precious, or wants to make your wife happy, nothing is better than a gold necklace set or a chain.
The market is full of various designs that are enough to make you confused while buying one. Therefore, in this article, we have added some useful tips that will help you in buying your favorite gold necklace set or chain easier.
- Firstly, if you want to buy a gold chain, consider how often you are going to wear it. Many people prefer to wear it regularly as wearing gold is auspicious and it offers various health benefits as well. If you are buying for regular wear, consider a design that is strong and durable. Avoid buying hollow chain designs are they are less durable than the other ones.
- When you enter the market, always visit famous and reputed jewelers as the designs offered by them are always unique and you get the surety of getting the pure product from there.
- Check for the variety of designs available in the market. The names of a few designs are curb, Figaro, rope, roll, wheat, snake, box, etc.
- Curb: This style of chain is available with interlocked links with each other. They are available in different varieties in the market.
- Figaro: In this pattern, three links often come before an extended link that runs the entire way through.
- Rope: As the name says, this type of chain is designed to look like a chain. There are available straight rope designs as well as twisted rope designs. You can select as per your preference.
- Rolo: In this design, the chain is made with round links.
- Wheat: This type of chain looks like small wheat grains are linked with each other. The links are oval-shaped links connected in a twisted way. It is also known as the Spiga chain in various places.
- Snake: This uniquely and beautifully designed chain has a design of tight links over it with round or cross-sections. It has also given some zigzag texture with a smooth finish. Its smooth finish makes it easy to wear without getting twisted in any cloth.
- Box: This smooth chain is designed with square links that look very beautiful on any gender.
- You can design the chain in various metals but the most preferred one is Gold. But before designing one, it is important to check for the purity of the gold. The gold chain is available in different varieties in the market depending upon its purity. You may find it in 9 ct, 14 ct, 18 ct, 22 ct, and 24 ct. It is quite obvious that as the number of carats increases in the ornament, the number of gold increases as well.
- Many times, the jewelry mix gold with other metals to make it more durable. But if you have any allergies to the metal, you must check it first. To avoid such issues, you can stick to 18 ct or above chains.